Bertrand de Lavenne originally studied Pharmacy at the Université of Nantes in France and holds a doctorate in Pharmacy from Cardiff University.
Beside of that, he successfully completed the diverse training courses at Harvard Business School and INSEAD.
From his career perspective, Bertrand possesses of more than 20 years of experience as Managing Director of diverse international Pharma-, Biotech- and Medical Devices –
companies, where he has been successful in establishing a vision, the motivation and the strategic planning tools in order to accomplish challenging targets and missions. In addition, he has extensive experience on what is needed to engage, inspire and develop people and to encourage continued growth of sales and profitability.
Bertrand shows the necessary skills to manage the diverse networks and stakeholders. Apart from that, he has proven his managerial competence in various Healthcare companies such as Novartis, Abbott and Mylan and is quite familiar with different business models and approaches (from global to local scopes and perspectives) in both, emerging markets (China, Russia, Asia Pacific, North Africa, Latin America) as well as in developed major markets (like for instance: UK, Switzerland, France). Furthermore, Bertrand has led various transitions and transformations due to his strong ability to quickly appraise unfamiliar business contexts in different company cultures and -ecosystems.
- Healthcare private equity and venture capital funds in the range
of $50M to $500B AUM.
- Global Life Sciences, Biotech, Pharma, Medical Devices/
Diagnostics & Digital Health Transformation.
- Healthcare private Equity and Venture Capital backed companies.
- Privately and public held firms (for-profit) in the range of $10M
- Start-up, Spin Off’s, small-, mid- and large-size enterprises,
- Multinational Blue chip organizations.
- C-Suite & Board Level Search
- Board-Level and CEO appointments
- Senior Vice President and VP roles
- General Management appointments
- Middle Management Appointments
- Senior Directors | Directors